NS Basic/App Studio 1.0.9 is ready to download. You can download it from the same URL as before.
This update has both fixes and some new stuff.
- Code Window: REM statements are no longer case normalized.
- Deploy: Added message if file does not exist.
- Docs: Handbook and Language Reference updated.
- Controls: Grid – New functions added. See below.
- Controls: MultiInput.disable fixed.
- Controls: Scoping problems in complexfunctions fixed.
- IDE: Fixed bug with toolbar resizing.
- IDE: Project name change in Save As now changes relevant properties.
- IDE: Top line in Project Explorer renamed.
- Samples: Geolocation overhauled.
- Samples: New MoveTheBall shows use of device motion sensors.
- Samples: PictureBox updated and improved.
- Samples: New SqlSample2 shows reading, writing database.
- Samples: Grid sample updated.
- Translator: _onevents fixed (for good?)
- Translator: a=vbTab fixed.
- Translator: If A=”a” Then:MZahl=1:z1 =2:End If fixed.
- Translator: if not(a) and not(b) Then… fixed.
- Translator: More problems with brackets fixed.
- Translator: Problem with Select…Case fixed.
We have made some changes to the Grid control. There are a number of new functions – they are listed under Grid in the Language Reference. One of the new functions is cell(row,col). Please use this function instead of the current Grid_row_col to refer to cells. The Grid_row_col method deprecated and will stop working in a future release.
The changes make the Grid control more HTML compliant. It is possible that your rows will be drawn with a different height than before: you will need to adjust your code if this happens to you.
I would also like to thank Carmine Castiglia for his new Grid functions and Thomas Gruber for the new SQL sample. I am sure they will be appreciated by many!