NS Basic/App Studio 1.2.0 is ready to download. You can download it from
the same URL as before.
We took some time to clean up a bunch of things internally that have
accumulated, streamlining our code in a number of places. These changes
should not affect how the product works, if we did them correctly.
There are a couple of important new features:
– Scrolling has been added to the HTMLview control. If this works well,
we will be extending it to other controls. Please give it a try!
– A new ReadFile statement has been added. It lets you read files
(like .htm, .txt, .csv and more) into variables in your program.
Here is what is new and fixed:
- Language: New ReadFile function. See Language Reference.
- Controls: HTMLview control now supports scrolling.
- Samples: ScrollingFile added.
- Samples: ReadFile added.
- Code Window: Case normalization improved.
- Code Window: Problem with cut and paste fixed.
- Deploy: Added more checking to file names.
- Deploy: Cache error messages can now be dismissed by tapping on them.
- Deploy: Move browser check to complexfunctions.js
- Docs: Handbook and Language Reference updated.
- IDE: Defaultformsize values remembered correctly.
- IDE: General code cleanup.
- IDE: Initial startup screens revised.
- IDE: Settings and Recent data now saved to registry.
- IDE: Tabs can now be pulled out into separate windows.
- Setup: Some apparently unneeded dll files removed.