Ever wish you could slide a list of options in from the left or right? How about a compete form? The new Panel control lets you do this. Have are some examples:
When you activate a Panel, it slides in from the left or right to cover your existing form. Click on a close panel button or outside the panel area, and it will slide closed.
There are three visual effects. Set the one you want to use in the display property.
- Overlay: The Panel is overlaid on top of the current form.
- Push: The Panel pushes in, moving the current form with it.
- Reveal: The Panel is revealed as the current form moves.
Formatting the Panel
There are two ways to load the contents of a Panel:
- HTML: Set the text property at design time with the text you want to display. It can also be HTML format, so this would be valid:
<h4>Important Info</h4> Remember to save your data before you leave this form!
Then, at runtime, do the following to open the panel:
- Form or Container: Use the .open() function at runtime to open a Form or Container in the Panel. In this case, leave the text property blank, and open the panel as follows:
When you open a panel, NSB.currentForm is set to the panel, and the normal Form_open() and Form_close() events are run for the panel.
Clicking on any button on the panel, or outside the panel, will close it. You can also close the panel in code:
Full Screen Panels
If you set the width of the panel to 100%, it will take over the whole screen. That gives you the effect of having the new form slide in from the left or right.