The latest build of Chrome on the desktop makes it easier than ever to open the Chrome Debugger to look at an app running on a device. This works on apps running in the browser, apps running from the Home Screen and PhoneGap apps. Here’s how:
1. Connect your device to your desktop (PC or Mac) via USB cable.
2. Open the Chrome Developer tools.
3. Click on the icon circled in red. Select “More tools”, then “Inspect devices…”:
4. The Dev Tools Devices window will pop up. Choose the running web app you want to debug and click on “inspect”.
5. A fresh Chrome Developer Tools window will pop up, connected to the app running on your device.
Here’s a YouTube video showing the same process: