We’re pleased to announce that 8.1.0 has been released.
The big news is that VoltBuilder, our replacement for PhoneGap Build, is now working. You no longer have to use PhoneGap to make native iOS and Android apps.
More importantly, you can now create apps which are fully compliant with Apple’s new app store requirements.
Right now, all your need is a valid AppStudio serial number and current subscription to submit your apps.
Here’s what is new and fixed in the new release:
- NEW: VoltBuilder replacement for PhoneGap Build
- NEW: Automatic creation of Android keystores.
- BS4: Fix Navs.addItem()
- Icons and Splash Screen: generator updated.
- Internal: Updated to jQuery 3.5.1
- Internal: Updated to Node 12.16.3
- Internal: Updated to Python 3.8.2
- jqxValidator: Allow the id to be other than Validator1.
- Resources: Fix config.xml paths due to change in cordova-build
- Samples: Clean up PlaySound sample.
- Samples: VoltBuilder, Cordova and Electron will ask you to save to a working folder.
- Stripe: Don’t throw an error if Stripe is offline.
- VoltBuilder: new Certificates folder in all projects.
To install on MacOS Catalina, you may need to right click on the .dmg file. Apple has just increased the security requirements for apps, and one of the libraries we (and millions of others) use has not been updated to this standard yet.
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or visit our Downloads page..