We’re pleased to announce that 8.3.0 has been released.
The big news is that VoltBuilder, our replacement for PhoneGap Build, is complete. You no longer have to use PhoneGap to make native iOS and Android apps. PhoneGap itself has been discontinued by Adobe – all references to it have been removed from AppStudio.
Right now, all your need is a valid AppStudio serial number and current subscription to submit your apps. We will be hooking AppStudio into VoltBuilder’s billing system in the near future.
Here is what is new and changed in 8.3:
1. PhoneGap Build: All references removed. PhoneGap has been discontinued by Adobe.
2. VoltBuilder has replaced PhoneGap Build in AppStudio.
3. VoltBuilder: work files removed after upload
4. VoltBuilder: name of downloaded file uses project name.
5. VoltBuilder Status: Now works like PhoneGap Status used to.
6. VoltBuilder: Proper token now sent on submit.
7. VoltBuilder: Use VoltBuilder API when submitting jobs.
8. VoltBuilder: recover gracefully from bad data in config.xml.
9. jqWidgets: Set theme properly on jqxPhotoGallery.
10. Samples: All PhoneGap samples now reference Cordova and have been renamed.
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or [visit our Downloads page](https://www.appstudio.dev/app/downloads/).