We’re pleased to announce that 8.4.0 has been released.
The major change is that AppStudio is now hooked into the VoltBuilder billing system. If you use VoltBuilder (or used to use PhoneGap), you’ll need to decide which plan works for you.
VoltBuilder is a build service operated separately from AppStudio, so it is an additional cost. It has real variable costs, beyond just development. There is bandwidth, hosting, backup, support, 24/7 monitoring, and keeping all the software components up to date and working with each other.
Discounts are available for AppStudio users.
The second big change is that AppStudio can now upload your builds to the iTunes App Store, via VoltBuilder.
Here is what is new and changed in 8.4:
1. VoltBuilder now uploads to the Apple Store after building.
2. Build using VoltBuilder now hooked into VoltBuilder billing.
3. Preferences: VoltBuilder panel now accepts API Credentials.
4. Preferences: Links changed to buttons to fix MacOS issue.
5. About: New Deregister button removes serial number from copy.
6. References to PhoneGap removed.
7. BS4, BS3: Text alignment now works properly.
8. Bootstrap: Updated to 4.5.3.
9. DataTables: Updated to latest version (different modules).
10. Libraries: Upgraded to Python 3.8.
11. DropDMG: Updated to 3.6
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or visit our Downloads page.
Important: If you’re using VoltBuilder, please update to 8.4. Builds using AppStudio 8.3 will not work after October 25, 2020.