Upgrading to AppStudio 4.0 should be straightforward. Here’s the information you need.
Ordering the Upgrade
- Upgrades are free for anyone who bought AppStudio 3 (or the upgrade to it) after January 1, 2014.
- If you bought before Jan 1, the upgrade costs $49.95.
- You can download the demo to give it a try.
- You can buy the full version in the demo using PayPal or use our order form.
- After you buy, restart the IDE and you will have the full licensed version.
Some technical stuff you should know
- Keep a backup of your critical projects. (Always!)
- jQuery Mobile 1.3 has been deprecated. While it will still work with AppStudio 4, support will be removed in a future AppStudio release. jQuery Mobile 1.4 has a much more modern look and feel, as well as many new features.
- iWebKit has been deprecated. While it will still work with AppStudio 4, support will be removed in a future AppStudio release. When we first launched AppStudio, it was a great framework. However, it has been abandoned by its author: it has not been updated in years. Time to move on!
- When you first load a project in AppStudio 4, it will ask if you want to update to jQuery 1.4. AppStudio will update all your jQuery Mobile controls.
- It will also update most of your iWebKit controls. Some, like menus, will need to be redone.
- Read about the rest of the breaking changes.