We’re thrilled to announce that AppStudio 6 is finally available. With over 100 enhancements, AppStudio 6 lets you do more. We’ve also worked hard to make the new features easier to use than ever.
Here are some of the major new features:
- Volt, our new hosting and web services solution. It replaces the AppStudio Server and adds powerful new features.
- Bootstrap framework added. Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web. It’s well thought through and is easy to use with AppStudio. For more information, see Introduction to Bootstrap. Bootstrap adds 24 attractive and easy to use controls.
- Design Screen: Containers can now be nested several layers deep, and the Design Screen will let you drag and drop to them.
- Google Drive API. Now you can access files on your Google Drive from AppStudio. For example, use a Google Spreadsheet as a database for your app. You can add, delete and update rows in the spreadsheet from AppStudio.
- Stripe Payments: Now you can accept credit cards in your app.
- Subscriptions: AppStudio is now distributed using a subscription, rather than a flat license charge.
The full list what is new is here: https://wiki.nsbasic.com/Version_6
You can get AppStudio 6 here: https://www.nsbasic.com/i/Subscription
If you have an earlier version of AppStudio, we have an upgrade offer which includes a trial free subscription to Volt, plus a discount after that.
Stay tuned – we will be posting information about many of the new features in the coming days.
Special thanks to the beta testers who patiently helped us get it right!