We’re pleased to announce that 7.4.0 has been released.
The biggest new feature is that AppStudio now produces Progressive Web Apps (PWAs). This is a new standard for saving web apps so they can run offline and as standalone apps. Here’s an article with more details.
Here’s what is new and fixed in the new release:
- PWA: Progressive Web App caching replaces Application Cache
- PWA: New manifest.json property
- BS4: Add link to Bootstrap 4 Theme Customizer: Bootstrap.Build
- BS4: Card display options now shown for text fields
- BS4: Card Footer can now be styled
- BS4: Datatable: recover gracefully if no value for lengthMenu
- BS4: Hamburger has a title when you hover over icon
- BS4: Select was emitting an extra character
- Deploy: Babel option removed.
- Deploy: Google Lighthouse now supported.
- Deploy: MakeEXE stuff removed – replaced by Electron
- Deploy: old Application Cache removed
- jQM: Error in List control fixed.
- Project: MakeExe properties removed (obsolete)
- Project: Properties removed: newVersionWarning, iconAndroid, exeicon, manifestFile, ManifestName
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…”