We’re thrilled to announce AppStudio 8 is ready.
The new release concentrates on making your workflow better. PhoneGap and Electron are both much easier to use. There are lot of smaller improvements as well.
We also updated many of the underlying libraries and paid off a lot of technical debt. This gets rid of a number of bugs and increases the stability of the product.
Here are some of the main new features. The complete list is here. We will be adding articles to our Blog and Wiki explaining how to use these features.
- PhoneGap: Auto generation of images makes it much easier to deploy to all the different device sizes. More than over a dozen other changes streamline and simplify.
- Electron: New menu items make Electron builds for Windows and MacOS completely automatic.
- Hot Reload: Restarting your app in the Chrome reuses the current tab instead of opening a new one.
- Better GitHub Integration: Go directly to your project in GitHub.com or GitHub Desktop.
- Python 3: AppStudio used to be in Python 2. Now we’re up to date.
- wxPython 4: The UI AppStudio uses is now also up to to date.
- Important! Windows 64 is now required. (MacOS already required 64 bit)
- Over 75 improvements in all!
Use the link on our Downloads page.
To go back to Version 7:
Please open new topics on our Web Board for any questions you have – it will make it easier to keep track of the discussions.