We’re pleased to announce that 8.5.3 has been released.
It resolves a few issues with 8.5. Plus, Volt is now called VoltServer, which should be less confusing now that VoltBuilder and VoltSigner are real products.
Here is what is new and changed in 8.5.3:
- IDE: Python updated to 3.9
- IDE: Translation files updated.
- IDE: Add a ctrl+p shortcut to open older projects.
- IDE: Change “Volt Server” to “VoltServer”
- Design Screen: fix jqWidgets controls not appearing, caused by IE11 ECMAScript incompatibilities. (Windows)
- Design Screen: Drag handles disappeared sometimes (MacOS only)
- Installer: Sign some additional libraries (MacOS), update for Python 9
- Runtime: Body should inherit color and background-color (Dark mode)
- Translation: Clean up some text strings for better translation.
- Node: Updated to 14.16.0.
Breaking change: Windows 7 is no longer supported. Microsoft dropped support for Windows 7 a while ago. Now, the libraries we use to build AppStudio are dropping support for Windows 7.
You can download the new release from within AppStudio or from our site.