NS Basic/App Studio 1.0.2 is ready to download. You can download it from the same URL as before.
- Forms: Add new style property.
- Controls: Grid: Add new cellstyle property
- Controls: Grid: reduce default padding, font size default is now 10 and populate each cell with a space.
- Controls: Grid: multiple grids can have different styles.
- Controls: TextBox: Add inputType of hidden.
- Samples: HTMLview’s manifest fixed so image is deployed.
- Samples: Added tutorial samples.
- Samples: GetData retrieves data from a remote site.
- Translator: some color constants were incorrect
- Translator: Msgbox “Grid(4,4)=” & Grid1.getValue(3,3)
- Translator: Function ComboBox1_onchange
- Translator: datediff(“ww”,fromdate,todate)
We have just uploaded Version 1.0.1. One the things it includes is a new sample called WebSockets.
WebSockets are a very new part of HTML5. They implement a higher level of the regular sockets protocol, with improved security and other advantages. This means, however, that it won’t just simply connect to Windows Winsock. There is more information here:
WebSockets are supported starting in iOS 4.2.1. They have not appeared in Android yet.
We will be adding more information about WebSockets as we develop it.
We have just put NS Basic/App Studio 1.0.1 up. You can download it from the same URL as before.
This update concentrates, not unexpectedly, on fixes. Here they are:
- Deploy: Meta tag viewport.user-scalable changed to no.
- Deploy: Missing file in deploy fixed.
- Deploy: Unique name for registered users is now lower case.
- Docs: Tutorial 1 updated to show Android install.
- Docs: Appearance of Language Reference improved.
- Docs: Handbok updated.
- Runtime: Titlebar images now all show.
- IDE: NSB Icon now appears in top left corner
- IDE: Removed single quotes around image names.
- IDE: Problem deleting forms is fixed.
- Controls: Label.value is now called textContent (same as runtime)
- Samples: new WebSockets is an early demo
- Translation: a = ((i/100) ^ 12 * a)
- Translation: a = Eval(“Grid1_” & x & “_” & y)
- Translation: a = NSBVersionView
- Translation: a=”<img src=””mario.jpg””>”
- Translation: If (Location.coords.longitude > 0) Then Amendment = ” east”
- Translation: Dim Amendment; Amendment = “”
- Translation: LGA(0) = “a” : LGA(1) = “b” : LGA(2) = “b”
- Translation: MsgBox “aaaa ()”
- Translation: MsgBox a.b.c()
- Translation: MsgBox a.b.c(0)[name]
NS Basic/App Studio 1.0.0 has been released!
Here’s the announcement:
You can order it here:
Introductory price is $99.95 – regular price is $149.95 for a Single Developer. As always, there are no royalties of distribution charges.
I’d like to thank the team who developed this product in record time. I’d also like to thank the testers who got us through 10 rounds of beta in just 11 days. We received literally hundreds of comments which led to tons of improvements and fixes.
It looks like Apple has added some goodies for us in iOS 4.2:
- Accelerometer support through the DeviceOrientation API
- WebSockets API from HTML5
- Updated HTML5 Form Support
- Partial XHR-2 Support
- Print Support
- New DOM events
- Enhanced SVG and Canvas support
Full docs have not been posted, but these features should be usable on any iOS 4.2 device.